First Taurus 24/7 pistols were presented in 2004, in attempt to offer a new, lightweight and potent pistol for police, security and civilian users. These pistols were available in a variety of "major" calibers, and in a number of finish options. early pistols were Double Action Only but recently Taurus also introduced a conventional Double / Single action 24/7 pistols.
Taurus 24/7 pistols are short recoil operated, locked breech pistols that use modified Browning-type locking, with single lug on the barrel engaging the ejection port in the slide. Frames of Taurus 24/7 pistols are made from impact-resistant polymer; slides can be made from carbon or stainless steel. Trigger is either double / single action or double action only, striker-fired, with internal firing pin block safety and manual safety, located on the left side of the frame. Magazines are double stack. Sights are fixed. front part of the frame, below the barrel, is shaped to form an integral Picatinny-type accessory rail.
How to disassemble (field strip) Taurus 24/7 pistols:
1) remove the magazine by pressing the magazine release button;
2) check that the chamber is empty;
3) pull the slide all the way back and lock it open with the slide lock / release lever;
4) rotate the takedown lever (located at the left side of the frame) clockwise until it stops;
5) carefully pull the take-down lever with its pin out of the frame
6) carefully release the slide stop lever, then push the slide all the way forward and out of the frame;
7) remove the return spring by pushing its head slightly forward and then pulling it out carefully of the detent in the barrel;
8) lift up the barrel from the slide.
Reassemble in reverse order.